Yum Yum Sauce, as the name suggests, is a wonderful Japanese steakhouse mayo-based sauce. This well-known sauce is light, sweet, and zesty! The legendary Japanese steakhouse sauce is fantastic for dipping, drizzling, and savoring with grilled meats, seafood, veggies, rice, noodles, and more!
Yum Yum Sauce is really simple to create and tastes precisely like your favorite Japanese hibachi restaurant! This Yum Yum Sauce Recipe is one of the simplest sauces you’ll ever create.
Let’s jump right into the Yum Yum Sauce Recipe.
Yum Yum Sauce Recipe
Using pantry basics such as mayonnaise, tomato paste, and butter, plus spices such as garlic powder, onion powder, and smoky paprika, this Yum Yum Sauce can be prepared in less than ten minutes for a delicious side dish.
Let’s know the whole process so that you can enjoy it too!
- Preparation – 20 Mins
- Cook: 40 mins
- Total: 60 mins
- 1 ¼ cups mayonnaise
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- ¼ cup water
- Whisk all ingredients in a medium bowl until smooth, beginning with 1 tablespoon of water and adding more with mayonnaise, butter, tomato paste, sugar, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne together until smooth.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving for optimal flavor, or cover and refrigerate for eight to twelve hours.
How to Store Leftover Yum Yum Sauce:
This can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 10 days. However, because this is so simple and delicious to make, you can create little amounts and make it fresh whenever you need it.
Tips For Yum Yum Sauce:
- If you don’t have tomato paste or prefer ketchup, leave out the sugar until you’ve tried the dip. Ketchup has a lot of sugar, and you don’t want your Yum Yum Sauce to be overly sweet.
- Since you are creating this at home, you may adjust the consistency to your liking. Some people prefer a dip that coats and adheres and add just enough water to make it creamy, while others prefer a Yum Yum Sauce that is looser and add more water.
- Don’t forget that you can add your favorite spicy sauce, red chili flakes, or cayenne pepper to this dip to increase the heat.
What to Serve With Yum Yum Sauce Recipe?
This sauce is incredibly adaptable, as its flavors complement a vast array of meals. Similar to “Fry Sauce” in the United States, but with additional ingredients.
Use it as a dipping sauce for shrimp, drizzle it over fried rice and noodles, serve it with French fries and sweet potato fries, spread it on hamburger and hot dog buns, include it in pasta salads, and serve it alongside sushi and rice balls.
We hope you like the Yum Yum Sauce Recipe. Let us know your thoughts & suggestions in the comments below!
Thank you for reading!