The simple, homemade, and mayonnaise-free honey mustard dressing is ideal for salad tossing or as a dipping sauce. Learn how to prepare a delectable honey-mustard dressing with this extremely old but wonderful recipe. It can be used as both a dip and a salad dressing.
This honey mustard dressing recipe is incredibly creamy and simple to prepare. Made in minutes, this dressing is perfect for salads and vegetables.
Let’s jump right into the Honey Mustard Dressing Recipe.
Honey Mustard Dressing Recipe
In contrast to many store-bought honey mustard salad dressings, this one has no dairy. It’s silky, softly creamy texture is the result of emulsified olive oil, honey, and Dijon mustard, and not mayonnaise or Greek yogurt. It requires only five ingredients and can be whipped together in a flash.
Let’s know the whole recipe so that you can enjoy it too!
- Preparation – 15 Mins
- Total: 15 mins
- About 1 cup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1.5 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 cup and 2 tbsp vegetable oil or olive oil
- Whisk together mustard, honey, vinegar, and salt in a medium basin. Whisk in the oil gradually to create a creamy dressing.
- A few seconds of whisking transforms the dressing into a uniform emulsion. Whisk in a small amount of sour cream or plain yogurt for a dressing that is thicker and creamier.
- Use it immediately or store covered in the refrigerator for up to three days.
How to Store Leftover Honey Mustard Dressing:
The beautiful thing about this homemade dressing is that it can be preserved for weeks in the fridge. Store it in a mason jar so you can give it a good shake before using it as a dressing for a salad or a dipping sauce.
Tips For Honey Mustard Dressing:
- To make a vegan version of this dressing, replace the honey with pure maple syrup.
- If you like, you can substitute lime juice with cider vinegar.
- If you have an unsweetened dairy-free plain yogurt that you enjoy, it should work nicely here.
Why make Honey Mustard Dressing at home?
There are no additives or preservatives. Many of them have additional preservatives, as well as substantial amounts of salt and sugar. You have complete control over the ingredients when you make your own salad dressing at home.
The flavor is fantastic. Homemade salad dressing, like this honey mustard salad dressing, is usually far tastier!
What to Serve With Honey Mustard Dressing Recipe?
- Use it instead of store-bought salad dressing on your favorite homemade salads. Greens, brussels sprouts, sweet bell peppers, cabbage, carrots, and broccoli are wonderfully appetizing. It’s also delicious with fruit salads.
- Replace mayonnaise-based dressings in coleslaw and chicken salad.
- Put some honey mustard dressing in a bowl and use it as a dip for raw or roasted vegetables, chicken, or other meats.
- Toss in some roasted chickpeas or tempeh along with your preferred vegetables and a grain like farro, quinoa, or brown rice for protein. When everything is ready, drizzle on the dressing to bring it all together.
- Similarly, shrimp that has been cooked and chilled goes well with this.
We hope you like the recipe. Let us know your thoughts & suggestions in the comments below!
Thank you for reading!