Who does not enjoy stuffed peppers? It is a nice and hearty dinner. Moreover, these simple stuffed bell peppers are an ideal option for children to assist. Children will enjoy stuffing the bell peppers and pouring the sauce on top, both of which are simple tasks.
You’ve selected the correct recipe if you’re seeking a dish that will satisfy everyone at your table. A seasoned tomato sauce is drizzled over stuffed peppers containing ground meat and rice.
Let’s jump right into the great dinner Green Bell Pepper Recipes.
Green Bell Pepper Recipes
It’s easier than you think to make classic stuffed bell peppers. Because these stuffed peppers contain cooked ground beef, they should be done in about an hour. The entire dish, including prep time, should take about 90 minutes.
Let’s know the whole Green Bell Pepper Recipes so that you can enjoy it too!
- Preparation – 5 Mins
- Cook: 1hr 25 mins
- Total: 1 hrs 30 mins
- 6 medium green bell peppers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup cold water
- ½ cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 16 ounces of tomato sauce divided
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees C).
- In a covered pot, bring water and rice to a boil. Simmer over low heat for 20 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- In the meantime, heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook until the ground beef is evenly browned and crumbly, 7 to 9 minutes.
- Remove and discard the tops, seeds, and membranes from bell peppers. If necessary, cut the bottoms of the peppers to ensure they stand upright.
- Place the peppers, hollow sides up, in a baking dish.
- Mix cooked meat, cooked rice, 1/2 of the tomato sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper to make the filling. Fill each hollowed pepper with an equal amount of filling.
- Pour the leftover tomato sauce and Italian spice over the filled peppers.
- Bake until the peppers are soft, about 1 hour, basting with sauce every 15 minutes.
How to Store Leftover Green Bell Pepper:
Storing: Refrigerate leftover stuffed peppers for three to five days in an airtight container. Ensure that they are totally cooled prior to storage to inhibit bacterial growth.
Freezing: You should freeze stuffed peppers if you do not plan to consume them within five days. Individually wrap each totally cooked stuffed pepper in plastic wrap, then cover with aluminum foil. The cooked bell peppers can be stored in the freezer for up to three months.
Reheating: Stuffed peppers that were frozen can be thawed in the refrigerator overnight. They can be warmed again in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes at 350° Fahrenheit.
Tips For Green Bell Pepper:
- You can replace the tomato sauce combination with spaghetti sauce.
- These stuffed peppers utilize cooked ground beef, so they should be thoroughly baked within an hour. The peppers will be done when they are soft.
- You can even use brown rice instead of white rice and add mozzarella cheese during the final minutes of baking.
What to Serve With Green Bell Pepper Recipes?
What goes well with stuffed peppers? We’ve got your back. Serve with Crusty Dutch Oven Bread, Buttery Garlic Green Beans, Crispy Seasoned Homemade French Fries, Classic Restaurant Caesar Salad, or Roasted Garlic Lemon Broccoli.
We hope you like the Green Bell Pepper Recipes. Let us know your thoughts & suggestions in the comments below!
Thank you for reading!