What could be better on a chilly night than a steaming bowl of soup? Classic cream of mushroom soup from scratch has rich, earthy tastes and can be ready in minutes. If you ever make yourself a bowl of mushroom soup, you will never eat it out of a can again.
Cream of mushroom soup starts with sautéed mushrooms that have been cooked until tender and then flavored with butter, loads of garlic, and a splash of white wine. That’s heaven!
Let’s jump right into the delightful Creamy Mushroom Soup Recipe!
Creamy Mushroom Soup Recipe
Sautéed mushrooms are prepared to perfection with butter, garlic, and a splash of white wine before being transformed into a delectable Creamy Mushroom Soup! It’s full of earthy mushroom taste and finished with heavy cream.
Let’s know the whole Creamy Mushroom Soup Recipe so that you can enjoy it too!
- Preparation – 15 Mins
- Cook: 25 mins
- Total: 40 mins
- 1½ pounds mushrooms
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter (unsalted)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced )
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (chopped or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped)
- Using a large Dutch oven, melt the butter and oil over medium heat. Until the onion softens and becomes translucent, cook the onion and garlic for 3-5 minutes.
- Put the mushrooms in the pot and simmer for 7-10 minutes, or until the mushrooms’ liquid has drained and they have begun to faintly brown.
- Add the white wine & then continue cooking for 1 to 2 minutes or until the majority of the wine has evaporated. Sprinkle the flour evenly over the onion/mushroom mixture, stir, and heat for an additional minute while continually stirring.
- Crumble the chicken bouillon over the onion and mushroom mixture, season with salt and pepper, and then stir in the fresh thyme. Stir the ingredients together, then add the vegetable broth.
- Bringing the mixture to a boil, simmer it for 10 minutes, stirring often. Salt and pepper should be adjusted as necessary.
- Reduce the heat to low & then add the heavy cream while stirring. Simmer for a further 2 minutes without bringing it to a boil.
- Serve immediately with fresh parsley garnish on top.
How to Store Leftover Creamy Mushroom Soup:
The cream of mushroom soup can be stored for up to 5 days in the fridge or 3 months in the freezer if it is kept in an airtight container. You can easily reheat it by placing it back in the microwave for a few minutes on medium power, or you can do it in a saucepan.
If the soup has been frozen, you have the option of letting it defrost first or reheating it directly from the freezer using either the microwave or the stovetop.
Tips For Creamy Mushroom Soup:
- Avoid burning the garlic. When sautéing onions and garlic, do not forget to stir the mixture, cook it slowly, and maintain constant medium heat.
- If you want to keep the dish healthier, you can simply omit the heavy cream at the end and cook it longer to thicken it.
- Utilize a blender or immersion blender to create a soup that is silky and smooth.
- For a dairy-free recipe, substitute coconut milk for the cream.
- If you find this soup to be too bland, add a splash of rice vinegar or cider vinegar.
What to Serve With Creamy Mushroom Soup Recipe?
This soup begs for some crusty bread accompaniments, whether it’s a handful of crispy luxury spicy croutons on top or a newly ripped piece of hot no-knead bread. You may serve it with a little green salad or some roasted fall vegetables, perhaps with a mound of crispy roasted mushrooms on top.
We hope you like the Creamy Mushroom Soup Recipe. Let us know your thoughts & suggestions in the comments below!
Thank you for reading!