Beef Stew is ideal for chilly weather! Beef is cooked in beef broth with potatoes, onions, celery, peas, and carrots until it is so soft that it melts in the mouth. It is a comfort food paradise.
This beef stew is the ideal low-maintenance dish for chilly autumn and winter evenings. This beef stew dish is full of comforting flavors and hearty ingredients that will warm you from the inside out.
Let’s jump right into the Cold-weather favorite Beef Stew Recipe.
Beef Stew Recipe
Beef stew is a dinner favorite in many households across the globe. This stew dish is also an excellent method to utilize any vegetables you may need to consume. If you have leftover roasted potatoes, caramelized carrots, or fried mushrooms, simply dice them and add them to the dish.
Let’s know the whole Beef Stew Recipe so that you can enjoy it too!
- Preparation – 20 Mins
- Cook: 4 hours
- Total: 4 hrs 20 mins
- 2 lbs of beef meat, (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 ½ cups beef broth
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large bay leaf
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place the meat in the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt, and pepper. Pour over meat and toss until evenly coated.
- Stir together the beef stock, carrots, potatoes, onion, celery, paprika, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and bay leaf.
- Cover, and cook on Low for 8 to 12 hours or on High for 4 to 6 hours until the beef is spoon-tender.
How to Store Leftover Beef Stew Recipe:
Storing: Transfer the beef stew to a shallow, airtight container once it has cooled. Refrigerate for a maximum of three days. Reheat in a microwave or stovetop.
Freezing: Beef stew freezes wonderfully! You should put it into individual containers and store it in the freezer for up to three months. You may either thaw it overnight or reheat it from frozen by thawing it over very low heat while stirring .-
–intermittently until it is completely heated.
Tips For Beef Stew:
- The recipe suggested slow cooking on Low for 10 to 12 hours.
- Please stir and check doneness as you go to ensure your meat is properly cooked.
- Cutting up a beef chuck roast also works well and produces soft meat. Top or bottom round cuts, as well as short ribs, are excellent choices.
- To achieve the chunky texture, cut the potatoes and carrots bigger. They’ll be lost in the 10-hour cook time if they’re too little.
- Take a trip to the grocery shop if your bay leaves have been sitting in the cabinet for a long time. They are prone to losing flavor over time!
- Add frozen peas at the end of cooking for a splash of color and more vegetables.
- Add about a half teaspoon of Italian spice, or if you have fresh thyme, use a few sprigs.
What to Serve With Beef Stew Recipe?
It’s a full meal on its own, but a salad on the side wouldn’t hurt. Mixed greens with either Simple Italian or Creamy Balsamic Dressing are delicious. If you want to go all out, offer some Cheesy Garlic Bread, but a slice of crusty bread, cornbread, or a dinner roll would do just well.
We hope you like this Beef Stew Recipe. Let us know your thoughts & suggestions in the comments below!
Thank you for reading!